Friday, January 27, 2012

JealousyJane Couture featured in MIDWEST FASHION WEEK!

thats right. jealousyjane couture has been accepted to midwest fashion week. www.midwest fashionweek.com.
march 10 2012 I will be showcasing samples of fall and winter couture. custom made by me, jealousyjane couture. www.jealousyjane.com im very excited and very nervous at the same time. i had to apply back in november and send in $95.00 application fee. this did NOT guarantee you a spot in midwest fashion week, so i am very pleased to announce that I have been chosen. :) I will be crafting the designs for this show all the next month. ive been currently working on spring and summer 2012. ive got several gowns finished except to install zippers and hemlines as i choose models. Im also going out of my comfort zone with construction and making more tailored pieces like blazers and skirts and other serarates. Im working from the inspiration of flowers and indianapolis museum of art's formal gardens. Im featuring many conflicting patters and clashing colors and movement in fabrics. Im very excited to get things finished up and have things to show. I for sure feel the pressure of trying to make sure i meet all these creative deadlines, but im excited to see what happens when i really have to push myself. its almost as if i have to create an entire year's line in a very short amount of time. And just think, i had almost given up an getting into midwest fashion week. Im very excited and i hope i can make the best of it and really boost my business to the next level and gain more respect from my fellow artists. :)  keep you posted on more info as i get it. thanks for reading.  in the mean time here are few cell phone process photos form the spring line :)









No comments:

Post a Comment